Monday, October 22, 2012

Ripple Zombie Walk



The Zombie Walk in Broad Ripple was this weekend. I was really impressed with a lot of the zombie makeup, and some people were really in character. Some people actually chose to go as a "response team" and they were on top of SUV's and shooting zombies with toy guns. Very funny. 

So if you are unaware, this is annual event that accepts donations of canned food for needy people. I'm not sure whether it is affiliated with a church, or a specific charity or anything. Last year they raised about 5000 pounds of food with only 1000 or so participants. 

It was definitely a good time. After the walk, which happened around dusk, and didn't last very long, my friend and I just hung out around Ripple. The Vogue hosted a Zombie Prom for all the walkers, but we didn't go. I have a bit of a grudge towards the Vogue after they wouldn't let me in one evening and were assholes about it. Said my ID was fake. And I'll have you know, I have never once had a fake ID. Anyway, they did up the outside of the building pretty good, and I would have liked to see what the inside looked like. If anyone has pics, send them to me and I'll post them up here. Or just post them in the comments or something. 

So word of advice if you go next year: get there early to find a decent parking spot. They say makeup is from 5-7, but if you get there at 7, you'll completely miss the whole event while you're looking for parking. 

2 comments:

  1. If you want to know what it's like to have your car surrounded by a zombie horde, drive past Kroger at exactly 7. That part was awesome.

    Look out for zombie children, they will still try to eat you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that part WAS awesome. There were a few shy zombies, but a lot of them got up next to the car and pawed at the windows. It was neat.

      Delete