Thursday, July 12, 2012

Gearing up for this weekend's Show - Emerson 7/14/2012

Please God don't let this be true.

If you read my most recent post you already know what's up. If not, go read it and you will find that I spent more time ripping on Sonic Maelstrom's shit music than I spent praising some of the other bands.

Since I wrote that post, I have been able to find  some examples of them online. It would have helped if their band name was spelled right on the itinerary for the show. If it was my band, I would have had it corrected.
Here go drown in a whirling vortex of sorrows.

Listening to them now, I will say that they sound a lot better recorded than they did live. Still, it sounds like they can't figure out whether they are taking their influences from Korn, Godsmack, Creed or Pearl Jam. Really... try to mash up Korn and Creed. It's not going to work. I challenge the writers of Glee, who have been successful mashing up West Side Story's I feel Pretty with TLC's Unpretty, to try to mash up Creed and Korn. They will probably not even try. Or at least it doesn't for me. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those "Primus sucks" things. I would be very disappointed.

Wow seriously. I need to stop hating on them and just let them dig their own grave. I'm open to changing my mind about them if they clean it up a bit, and start to sound better live.

Wait, why did I just bring up Glee? I really need to get out of the house more often. Fuck you! I like Glee.

So anyway...

I'm going to this event on Saturday 7/14/12. The only band officially on the lineup that I have seen is Cast From Perfection. They have amazing stage presence, and I am seriously excited to see them again.

They are last on the lineup flyers, so I am really optimistic for the rest of the show. Usually you go up the list the longer you've been around. And if you've been around long enough, you're supposed to be really good. I basically pulled all my neck/shoulder muscles last week during Cast From Perfection. I'm probably not going to be able to walk after this show. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment