Monday, July 30, 2012

Mega Metal Weekend Review Part 2

My God! I am so sorry it has taken me this long to post Part 2! I could give you all the excuses, but truth is, I was pretty tired that Monday, and then work got in the way.

Read Part 1 here. 

Anyway... Part 2!

When we left off, I was about to review 7Horns 7Eyes. I thought they were pretty good, although, I probably wouldn't rush to go buy their CD. They just weren't my thing. However, the cool thing about them is that they reminded me a little bit about Dethklok. They just definitely have that classic metal Metallica, "everything is black" look. The lead guy, totally reminded me of a really skinny Nathan Explosion.



Also, check out that guy's beard! It is so cool!

2012-07-14_21-17-35_515.jpg adventures of huckleberry mal

It has a will of its own. I'm pretty sure the beard is actually the one playing the guitar.

7Horns 7eyes also had a pretty good light show. You can see the different colored lights in the two pics of them.

Next, Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)! WTF! Fucking Guitar God!
This man does not have a face! I seriously took like 7 or 8 pictures of him and there is nothing but hair and hands.
2012-07-14_22-08-44_625.jpg adventures of huckleberry mal

That's probably why he's so good though. When you are unable to speak because you have no mouth, then you have to learn how to communicate through music.

And here you go. A prime example of his Goddery. Remember, my phone recordings are pretty shitty.
You're welcome.

The last band who played was The Contortionist.

I liked them.

I was unable to get any good pictures for some reason (remember I am not a photographer. Deal with it.)

2012-07-14_22-52-14_624.jpg adventures of huckleberry mal

These guys were really interesting. It was like... well... this...


It's just beautiful. Follow them on facebook
So that concludes the Emerson experience part of Mega Metal Weekend.

Stay tuned for Part 3 where I talk about the Mayhem Festival at Deer Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment